POSITION PURPOSE: The NPM is responsible to manage small to medium projects for our IP-VPN products(MPLS). The main focus will be on the timely installation of all components (access circuit, routers and ISDN or DSL back-up) for customer networks in North America and South America and the initial testing of all components with our Access Testing team. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provisioning coordination through close cooperation with customers, vendors and various internal organizations.
- Interfacing with customers on technical details, order status and other issues as required.
- Ordering Access circuits (local loops) from CLEC’s, LEC’s and IXC’s.
- Ordering customer routers and CSU/DSU’s from equipment Vendors.
- Ordering ISDN lines from LEC’s.
- Ordering DSL
- Coordinating field technicians for cross-connects in PoP locations.
- Arranging customer equipment installations & coordination of acceptance testing of customer premise equipment with Vendors and InternalTestCenter
- Assisting troubleshooting efforts with providers and internal Test & Turn-up teams during circuit turn-up phase.
- Create internal Purchase Requests for all circuits and equipment ordered by provisioning group.
- Submit all Purchase Requests to Procurement to obtain PON
- Documenting applicable T-Systems circuits, Customer premise equipment, ISDN lines, ports, and various other items in central databases
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM daily
- Occasional travel to Regional offices and to customer sites if deemed necessary.
- Regular, predictable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
Candidate must have between 3 of 5 years experience in the telecommunications industry with knowledge of access line provisioning, router implementation, and testing of circuits. Proficiency in the use of MS Windows and MS Office and related programs is also required.
- We require that the candidate be well versed in products and technologies such as:
- IP VPN’s
- Candidates must be customer focused and results driven
- Position requires multi-tasking as candidate is required to handle projects of various sizes and regions
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Open, friendly personality
- Ability to work in an international, fast changing environment
T-Systems North America, Inc.
- Four year Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) connects people and markets worldwide! Deutsche Telekom is one of the leading international companies in ICT. With round about 235.000 employees in 50 countries, we provide innovative solutions to our clients. T-Systems is one of the three successful brands of Deutsche Telekom. We serve large customers and multinational companies through our global infrastructure of data centers and networks. With the help of innovative technology we develop integrated solutions for connected life and work. Let us together shape the world of tomorrow!